Your care at Vascular & Interventional Specialists often begins with a clinic visit for a vascular or interventional exam and possibly specific vascular testing. During that appointment, our staff will explain their findings and make their professional recommendations for your care. You will also have a chance to ask any questions you may have – our staff wants to know of any concerns and make sure you’re able to make educated decisions for your medical care.
Before Your Procedure Checklist
Prior to your procedure, we ask our patients to read through the following lists of what to do the day of your procedure and what not to do.
What to Do
- Find someone to take you home
- Bring your insurance card
- Bring an updated copy of your medications list
- Bring a method of payment for copay or deductible, if applicable
- Bring a case or holder for glasses, contacts, dentures or hearing aids, if applicable
- Read through your pre-procedure instructions for fasting and medication information.
What Not to Do
- Do not bring valuables – jewelry, electronics, etc.
- Do not wear makeup or nail polish
- Do not apply lotions, aftershave, or perfume
Frequently Asked Questions
- Bring case for eyeglasses or contacts
- Bring insurance identification cards, driver’s license, completed billing forms, copayments
- Bring all medication
- Make sure you have a ride home and someone to care for you at home
- Wear comfortable, loose-fitting clothing
- Leave all jewelry and valuables at home